Saturday, August 9, 2008

I've got a secret...

Call it New Age hoodoo or hocus pocus but I've been reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and it really works. Listen, before you move on to Youtube or Myspace hear me out... In my last blog I was lamenting the fact that I was so broke I was about to lose my apartment, car and mind. My mother was desperate to help her only daughter and suggested that I get this book, The Secret. She said it may help and that she's been listening to the audio book.

Now, anyone that knows my mother knows that New Age isn't really her, she's a Yoruba priestess for goodness sake! Furthermore, if it ain't African it ain't her! But I thought if she is recommending this book there must be something to it because she can smell bullsh-- from a mile away.

It's been about 3 weeks since I've been reading the book and it has helped me make a definite improvement in my life. Instead of focusing what is going wrong I am focusing on what is going right. I am also learning to attract the things that I want in my life through visualization and positive thoughts. Before reading this book I would say things like, "I don't want this..." or "I don't want that..." Now I focus on what I do want... prosperity, joy, abundance, success, a loving relationship and children.

Since I've begun applying the various principals outlined in this book to my life the following has happened, I have been offered two positions, my car note is paid and I am looking for a newer, better apartment. Furthermore, I have received an outpouring of support from various people in my life. So right now I want to say a big fat thank you to... Mommy and Daddy, Uncle Bo, Grandma Alice, Afi, Casey, Tamara and Ray!

Ask, believe, receive....

Najaa

2 comments:

The Butter Babe said...

I just bought this book and I'm reading it now. Thanks for stopping by my blog

Anonymous said...

Just bought the book, as well, and it makes sense! Thank you for the recommendation.